You are qualified to take the Civil Service Exam? You can take the Career Service Examination, Paper-and-Pencil Test (CSE-PPT) if you are:
- a Filipino citizen;
- At least 18 years old on the date of filing of application;
- Of good moral character;
- Has not been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude, or disgraceful or immoral conduct, dishonesty, examination irregularity, drunkenness, or addiction to drugs;
- Has not been dishonorably discharged from military service, or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government; and
- Has not taken the same level of Career Service Examination, regardless of mode, within the last three months before the date of examination: For the 2016 CSE PPT Examinations, the 3-month Prohibition Period on Taking the Same Level of Examination (regardless of mode) are as follows:
March 12, 2017
August 2, 2017
Note: Approval of applications may be recalled any time upon discovery of applicant’s disqualification, for which the examination fees paid shall be forfeited. Applicants holding dual citizenship under R.A. 9225 (Citizenship Retention and Re-acquisition Act of 2003) may apply for and take the examination upon presentation of original, and submission of a copy of, Certification of Retention/Re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship from the Bureau of Immigration, and meeting of all the other admission and application requirements for the examination. Applicants with pending administrative and/or criminal cases may take the examination and shall be conferred the eligibility if they successfully pass the same. However, this is without prejudice to the outcome of their pending cases. If they are found guilty, their eligibility shall be forfeited based on the penalties stated in the decision and pursuant to Section 52 (a) of the Revised Rules on Administrative Cases in the Civil Service.
Who are entitled to Civil Service Eligibility WITHOUT the need to take the Career Service Examination (CSE-PPT/COMEX)?
- Passers of the regular Bar examination given by the Supreme Court of the Philippines
- Passers of the Board examinations given by the Professional Regulation Commission
- Individuals who were granted the Honor Graduate Eligibility