Are you prepared for the upcoming Civil Service Exam? Here are some IMPORTANT REMINDERS:
KNOW WHERE YOU’LL BE TAKING YOUR EXAM
Examinees’ school assignment for the CSE-PPT for both the Professional and SubProfessional levels may be generated using ONSA or the Online Notice of School Assignment. It can be accessed in the CSC website www.csc.gov.ph two weeks before the actual exam. To use ONSA, examinees should encode/fill in the required data in the corresponding data fields accurately, following the indicated format. Examinees are advised to have a print-out of their Notice of School Assignment using ONSA.
If examinees cannot access the ONSA and/or still do not know their school assignment one week before the examination day, they should inquire directly with the CSC Regional/Field Office concerned (the office where they filed their application). A complete directory of CSC Regional/Field Offices nationwide is available at the CSC website.
Once you know where you’ll be taking the exam, visit and have an ocular inspection of the assigned school/testing venue at least one day before the examination day to be familiar with the school location.
KNOW WHAT TO BRING
1. I.D. card – preferably the same I.D. card presented during filing of application. If the I.D. card to be presented for admission is different from the I.D. card presented during filing of the application, the examinee must present any of the following accepted I.D. cards, which is preferably valid (not expired):
1.1 Driver’s License/Temporary Driver’s License (LTO O.R. must be presented together with old Driver’s License; O.R. alone is not allowed)/Student Driver’s Permit;
1.3 PRC License;
1.4 SSS I.D.;
1.5 GSIS I.D. (UMID);
1.6 Voter’s I.D./Voter’s Certification;
1.7 BIR/Taxpayer’s I.D. (ATM type/TIN card type with picture);
1.8 PhilHealth I.D. (must have the bearer’s name, clear picture, signature and PhilHealth number);
1.9 Company/Office I.D.;
1.10 School I.D.;
1.11 Police Clearance/Police Clearance Certificate (with picture);
1.12 Postal I.D.;
1.13 Barangay I.D.;
1.14 NBI Clearance;
1.15 Seaman’s Book;
1.16 HDMF Transaction Card;
1.17 PWD I.D.;
1.18 Solo Parent I.D.;
1.19 Senior Citizen’s I.D.;
1.20 Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-CARD); and
1.21 CSC Eligibility Card (note: Implemented only beginning with the May 3, 2015 CSE-PPT).
- The NO I.D., NO EXAMINATION Rule is strictly implemented.
- All other I.D. cards not included in the above list shall not be accepted.
- As a last resort, expired I.D. card may be presented for admission on examination day, provided that, the expiry date of the I.D. card is within the preceding months of the year reckoning the date of examination.
2. BLACK BALL PEN/S – Pencils and any other kinds of pen (e.g. gel pen, sign pen, fountain pen, friction pen, etc.) including other colors of ball pen are NOT ALLOWED;
3. Original of PSA (formerly NSO)/LCR issued Birth Certificate printed on Security Paper (if I.D. card has no date of birth);
4. Application Receipt with CSC Official Receipt (if available);
5. Notice of School Assignment generated thru ONSA (if available); and
6. Water, or preferred beverage (except alcoholic beverage) placed in clear/transparent container, and/or candies/biscuits, which shall be subject to inspection by the Room Examiner/Proctor.
Note: Examinees are advised to bring ONLY the above-listed items. Bringing of cellular phones and any other gadgets, including smart phones, smart watches, calculators, wristwatches with calculator, books and other forms of printed materials and all other similar items, are NOT allowed.
OTHER THINGS THAT YOU SHOULD KNOW FOR THE EXAMINATION DAY
1. BE EARLY. Be at the assigned school early on examination day for the verification and locating of room assignment. Testing venues shall be open to examinees at 6 a.m. and they will BE CLOSED TO EXAMINEES AT EXACTLY 7:30 a.m. Examinees that arrive later than 7:30 a.m. shall NOT be admitted.
2. Wear proper attire. SLEEVELESS SHIRT/BLOUSE, SHORTS/SHORT PANTS, and SLIPPERS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
3. Failure to take the examination on scheduled date shall mean forfeiture of examination fee and slot. Re-scheduling of examination date is NOT allowed.
For more EFFECTIVE TIPS AND TRICKS in PASSING THE CIVIL SERVICE EXAM, click HERE.
AGAIN, here’s the coverage of the exam,
If you’re looking for the perfect reviewer which tackles these subjects, check out our very own CIVIL SERVICE EXAM REVIEWER – CSE SUPERPREP